Oral hygiene aids to protect your dental implants and the health of your teeth and gums.
Your dentist may recommend a variety of tools to help keep your dental implants, natural teeth and gums healthy including:
- An electric toothbrush or a soft, manual tooth brush
- Tartar-control toothpaste
- Dental floss
- Mouthwash or antimicrobial mouthwash
- Interdental brushes to remove plaque between the teeth next to the implants
- Tablets that reveal the locations of plaque build up
In addition to routine oral hygiene maintenance, it is important to visit your dentist every three to six months for a professional exam and cleaning.